Good morning fellow citizens
This update comes at circa 4.30am, as I am unable to sleep for some unknown reason. I went from being deliriously tired all evening and craving sleep … to lying in bed completely unable to unwind … to now feeling refreshed as if I HAVE already slept, and so have gone back on the internet to continue with whatever administrative tasks I have to do. Like browse Facebook, and repeatedly refresh my email accounts. Oh yes.
Well I thought it might be a nice opportunity to update on my recently-completed trip to Stavanger, which I must say was very nice indeed.
I went with my Norwegian “Buddy” Elisabeth, her friend who was visiting from Brisbane and my flatmate Laura. We stayed in E’s parents’ house, perched on the edge of an island-suburb of Stavanger, overlooking the water. We were treated to Norwegian meatballs at her mother’s house, made the pilgrimage to Preikestolen (at long last), and then were taken on a sailing trip out to an island for a barbecue. Not a bad few days at all. Their hospitality was really lovely, and we were fed REAL MEAT sausages – quite a specialty item in Norway. Very exciting.
Preikestolen involved a rather steep hike which we managed to do in 1hr 15min at QUITE a pace. There were lots of old people hobbling their way up over the 3km of loose stones, holding their backs and utilising their walking sticks. What on earth.
It is becoming more and more apparent to me that Norwegians worship oil. I think they really have a collective psychological reliance. Perhaps they should seek professional advice.
Unimpressed with 4am insomnia
No comments:
Post a Comment