Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Australia - East Coast 2009


Anna Bay, Byron Bay
Icecream Byron Bay, Dorrigo, Natural Bridge
Myall Lakes, Dorrigo, Dangar Falls





Myall Lakes




Well I thought I am overdue a travel blog update, considering today I can barely leave the house thanks to the  DUST STORM that has descended upon Sydney. I just painstakingly aligned the photos in the top image. I am sure there must be an easier way to do it, but I've always gone for improvisation when it comes to photo editing programs (for example, print screen + crop x 3 in order to shrink large files).

Anyhoo... thanks to the first person from Europe to actually follow up with their promises to visit me in Australia, I had an excuse to go on a massive 2479km drive in July.

Sights along the way: Anna Bay, Myall Lakes, Urunga, Bellingen, Dorrigo, Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Byron Bay, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Natural Bridge, Boonoo Boonoo National Park, then a massive drive from Tenterfield back home to Sydney in one day, skimming through Tamworth, Armidale and the Hunter Valley. Quite an epic journey.

I'm not in a particularly creative mood at the moment so at best I can say that Myall Lakes was surprisingly great. Many sunset photos were taken, such as my favourite above. Most of the NSW coastline would have been better left as wilderness, as the few settlements that are there are not worthy of the land clearing required in order to build them.

I also had a fun time driving for hours along the Mt Lindesay Highway, taking in hours of completely unpopulated stretches of sometimes dirt roads in my tiny little car.

What did I learn on this trip? I quite like Australia's photogenic nature and wildenress, and that I need to get out of here, and come back in time to cash in my baby bonus and superannuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment